Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:48:15 +1000
From:      Robert Moss <rmoss@bigpond.net.au>
To:        "Gelu G. Lupas" <gelu@kolozsvar.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipnat and gif tunnels

Hi,
    Im not all that farmilliar with the GIF / FAITH interfaces (ipv6
stuff), but i would guess that IPFilter treats them like any other
interface when it comes to ipaddresses and things.

I have had similar problems with ppp / tun devices changing ipaddresses,
and running 'ipf -y' would update the internal tables with the new IP
addresses.  Try that.

Also, when using the MAP statement you can use the shortcut 0.0.0.0/32 or
0/0 which will be replaced by the IP address of the interface you are
using.  Example

map rl1 192.168.0.0/16 -> 0.0.0.0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
map rl1 192.168.0.0/16 -> 0.0.0.0/32 portmap tcp/udp 2000:65500
map rl1 192.168.0.0/16 -> 0.0.0.0/32
rdr rl1 0/0 port 5000 -> 192.168.1.10 port 5000 tcp/udp

Cheers
rob.