Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:53:47 +0200
From:      Sven Petai <hadara@bsd.ee>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI causes kernel panic on compaq evo n1020v

hi

I'm getting kernel panic on Compaq evo n1020v notebook when trying to boot
with ACPI enabled. Last message from kernel is
psm0: unable to allocate IRQ
without acpi it gets assigned IRQ without problems. Panic is however probably
unrelated to psm problem - it paniced the same way when I disabled psm0
device.

kernel is current from 05 jan. sources with
acpica-20021118-20021122-test20021128 patch, however I got same panics from
DP1 & DP2 without any additional patches so the bug is not new

here is all the debugging information I could think of:

dmesg & panic with acpi & boot -v:
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/evo_acpi_debug/dmesg.boot.acpi
( transcribed by hand, because this machine doesn't have any serial ports.. so
it probably contains some typos )

dmesg (boot -v) without acpi:
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/evo_acpi_debug/dmesg.boot

kernel configuration file:
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/evo_acpi_debug/IKALDUS
only difference between acpi and non acpi kernels were
device		acpi
options		ACPI_DEBUG

output of acpidump:
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/evo_acpi_debug/acpi_dump.txt