Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 16:11:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0b2 - Problem Found!

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Sujal Patel wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Wilson MacGyver wrote:
>
> > That's not true. My FreeBSD machine use a Tseng 4000 W32 in
> > 1024x768 at 8 bit mode. The New Netscape works perfectly including
> > the Java applets.
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>
> Darren are you running 8bpp?  Anyone else running this successfully with
> the XF86_S3 X server.
>
> I can't imagine it's anything but the Xserver (or something that's
> affecting the way my Xserver is performing).  I've tried a netscape3.0
> back to my display from multiple systems with different OSes and have had
> no luck.
>
> Matt:  Can you find out the details of the other system that failed to run
> Java apps, please?

	Its not working over here either.  I'm running the standard X with
-stable (X11R6...XFree?) on an ATI Mach64 4MB VRAM PCI Video card.  Netscape
3.0 comes up, but applets don't work.

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc