Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:24:13 +0100
From:      "Marcel Prisi" <marcel-lists@virtua.ch>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Machine rebooting frequently

Help !!

We have a postgresql server (bi-PIII 833, 1Gb RAM, Adaptec SCSI RAID)
rebooting by itself more and more frequently.

I can not find any message anywhere, as if someone just presses the "reboot"
button every now and then. It used to reboot every week or so, but it
rebooted just six times today !

What can I do to fond the cause ? The machine runs 4.5-RELEASE, but used to
run 4.3-PRERELEASE with the same trouble.

I partially checked RAM through memtest86 (www.memtest86.com) but did not
find any trouble. What might it be ? faulty processor ? Faulty power-supply
? any clues ? how to test ?

THANKS !!