Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:05:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gardner Buchanan <gbuchana@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0R install kernel panics on if_le

Hi,

I'm trying to use a DEC EtherWORKS DE204 (le) with the 4.0R install
kernel.  During the probe the kernel reports a few obscure problems
with "shims" - evidently the le driver hasn't been brought forward
into the newbus framework or something.  As soon as I ifconfig le0,
the kernel panics.

I can't capture the kernel probe messages unfortunately, as
I have no suitable alternate console to use.

I don't see anything in errata.  Any pointers?