Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:44:08 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who broke sort(1) ?

Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:26:43 -0700, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> said:
>
> > Closed payware standards do not count as 'fair warning'.  I still have
> > never been able to see a posix standard.
>
> Go to a library.  Or go to http://www.opengroup.org/ and register for
> free on-line access.

The 1992 version hasn't been available online since 1992.  I hadn't realized
that the opengroup and posix stuff had unified.  I'd always thought of
the opengroup stuff as SVID-on-steorids (System V Interface Definition, as
it was once called).

Is the posix 1992 version available?  The local library doesn't have
anything even remotely like this.

> -GAWollman

Cheers,
-Peter