Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 07:38:02 -0800
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD and microcontroller development

In message <199801060000.LAA00616@gurney.reilly.home>, Andrew Reilly cleopede:
>The windows version of the Microchip PIC16c622 assembler works well
>too.  This isn't a command line thing: it pops up a little progress
>meter window, which is kind of neat.

I'm just rmping up a PIC17C44 development project, and I'm starting
from scratch in terms of development support.  I noticed that there
was a PIC compatible cross assembler in the ports, but I haven't
tried it yet.  Does anyone do PIC development all on FBSD? I'd
appreciate hearing about what resources are available and how
successul people have been in using them for development without
booting DOS.

-Greg Shenaut