Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:01:17 -0800
From:      "T. Fields" <tafields@ucla.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cap_mkdb & login.conf.db

Greetings,

So sorry to bother. But I have been looking through the extensive
documentation provided with freeBSD and can't find the answer, so I thought
I would ask for help.

I am trying to set the path variable upon boot-up. I have altered the
/etc/login.conf  as well as the global /etc/profile but the path is being
set via /etc/login.conf.db so my question.

When the system is installed and the installation scripts are run what is
the command line for

cap_mkdb ?

I would like to alter /etc/login.conf.db but I don't know which files other
than /etc/login.conf to include in the invocation of the command and I
don't want to muck the works.

Could you please offer some guidance?

Thanks Much,

Tony Fields