Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:34:33 -0400
From:      Kim Culhan <w8hdkim@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please test ath(4) on HEAD (was Fwd: svn commit: r238609 - head/sys/dev/ath)

On Thu, July 19, 2012 4:26 am, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been knee deep in the TX and RX path lately. This is to prepare
> the driver to support the newer 11n chips that Atheros makes.
>
> The below commit affects the TX path as a whole. I'd really appreciate
> it if people would test out station, access point and adhoc mode (and
> monitor/mesh if you have time.) Doubly so if you can test out say,
> multi-SSID AP mode with power sleep clients and 11n aggregate traffic,
> complete with some multicast traffic.
>
> I've tried it very lightly on my AR5210 (earliest) and AR9280 (almost
> the latest) NICs. I'll test the rest out later today.

So far I've only tested multi-SSID AP mode which works fine.

There has been one occurance at boot of:

ar5416PerCalibrationN: NF calibration didn't finish; delaying CCA

through numerous boots while there was also another AP nearby so
with that shut down the noise floor may be lower.

My configuration for multi-SSID was arrrived at without the benefit
of much 'official' documentation so if anyone has any info on configuration
for multi-SSID in rc.conf and hostapd.conf files please post it to the list.

The present setup has one virtual AP running in WPA2-PSK mode and
the other running with authmode OPEN.

I think the AR9227 hardware is designed to handle at least 3 virtual AP's

Now setting up for some multicast traffic..

thanks
-kim