Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:26:37 +0100
From:      "Pierre Y. Dampure" <pierre.dampure@westmarsh.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ELF interpreter /co not found

"Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" wrote:

> I see this as well.  Apparantly version 1.98 of
> sys/kern/imgact_elf.c causes the string containing the path
> to /compat/linux/lib/ld-2.1.2.so to be truncated.  A quick
> workaround is to symlink /co to /compat/linux/lib/ld-2.1.2.so .

Granted, it's a fix, but hardly a solution :-)

After modifying the kernel to print out sizeof(path) upon return of
the malloc, it turns out that we are only getting 4 bytes rather
than MAXPATHLEN (1024):

[pyd@jupiter]: /usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/netscape
path was allocated 4 bytes
emul_path: /compat/linux
interp: /lib/ld-linux.so.2
ELF interpreter /co not found
Abort trap

Looks like something's gone south rather badly...

Clues, anyone?

PYD