Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:45:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
Cc:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@execmail.ca>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CardBus Support (was:  support for 3Com 3C575 network controller?)

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Nathan Dorfman wrote:

# > I looked at PAO, but it doesn't appear to support the 3.X
# > branch, which I'm running. If there's a PAO for 3.X, please
# > let me know where it is (!).
#
# That's why I can't run PAO (and consequently no PCMCIA working on my
# laptop at the moment). There's a PAO for 3.0, but I'm not sure if it's
# for -stable or 3.0-release. You can only get it by cvsupping pao3 from
# jaz.jp.freebsd.org.

I'm running pccard just fine on a Dell Inspiron 7000 with 4.0.  I
had to tweak sio.c to increase a delay for the FIFO tests but other
than that my modem (Zoom 56K LT DataFax) and 3CCE589ET network
card are both humming along no problems.  I'm going to commit the
pccard.conf entries for them RSN.

Between Doug and Terry I think I have enough to start playing with
getting support for the network card that started this thread. :)

-steve

# --
# Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>         The statements and opinions in my
# Unix Admin @ Frontline Communications    usenet posts are mine, not FCC's.
# "The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
# train." --/usr/games/fortune