Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 00:12:10 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /etc/ftpchroot not working?

I've set up /etc/ftpchroot on my 2.2.6-REL system as per the manpage (as
far as I can tell!), containing a list of users (one per line) I want to
have chrooted access to their accounts. However, when I connect to one
of these accounts, they are not chrooted and I can access all files on
the system normally. Similarly, putting @users in /etc/ftpchroot has no
effect ('users' being the group these users belong to).

Setting up anonftp chroots properly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kris

 WOWBO     /\  .      Through the darkness of future past,     /\  .     BWOWB
 OBWOW    /##\/#\          The Magician longs to see.         /##\/#\    BOBWO
 WBOBW   /       \     One chance out between two worlds,    /       \   OWBOB
 WOWBO  /         \           Fire, Walk with me!           /         \  BWOWB