Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 2021 16:29:34 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   [maqulator] FreeBSD running macOS binaries :-)

Hello world :-)

There is a nice QUCS [1] electronics simulation program (SPICE with GUI
that works out of thebox). It is based on QT4 so it was removed from
ports in March 2019. People use macOS binary with no problem.

The question is - if we can somehow run Linux and Linux64 binaries - why
don't we run macOS binaries???

These are also ELF, macOS uses lots of FreeBSD stuff, and the packages
are self contained with all libraries, so it should be even easier than
running Linux stuff (that always has some dependency issues like I am
experiencing right now running closed-source FPGA toolchains).

Did anyone consider running macOS programs on FreeBSD?

Do you know how good it would be to run macOS quality software on
FreeBSD and not really depend on Linux alternatives? :-)

Hints and comments are welcome :-)
Tomek

[1] https://github.com/Qucs/

--