Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 18:36:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@geekpunk.net>
To:        Conrad Minshall <conrad@apple.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Smith <msmith@mass.dis.org>
Subject:   Re: It's not fun anymore. (Mike resigns from core)

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Conrad Minshall wrote:

>Reading this thread I see rationale, considerate responses and a general
>lack of flamage.  Very cool... pun intended, sorry :)

Indeed.

There are some excellent ideas wrt development methodologies in this
paper:

http://martinfowler.com/articles/newMethodology.html

I've found this paper insightful in the sense that it highlights some
weaknesses in my own personal development methodology.  `The members of
the FreeBSD project who are working to develop the, for lack of a better
term, bureaucracy might find this paper illuminating as to alternatives
which don't "take the fun out of it" for too many people.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
"Time to resign from the human race, wipe those tears
from your lovely face.  Baby, wave to the man in the