Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:50:19 -0400
From:      Simon Rosenthal <srosenthal@northernlight.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   user PPP and 3Com RAS Server

Hi:

I'm having trouble setting up user PPP between a FreeBSD (2.2.5) system at
home, and the 3COM RAS (it's an AccessBuilder 4000) at work. I can dial in
OK, get username/password validated, issue the "ppp" command it requires -
then nothing. The ppp.log shows some PPP handshaking going on, so my
suspicion is that something isn't right in my ppp.conf, but I'm not sure
what.

FWIW, I  can connect using user PPP to my ISP just fine (just followed the
directions in the handbook -worked first time!) , and can connect to work
using W95 and PPP (on the same hardware).

Has anyone else configured PPP to connect successfully through one of these
boxes ?

TIA

- Simon