Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 02:24:06 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        lsp3@gte.net, wyrdwulf@catskill.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: digital camera

Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com> types:
> Though nowhere near as easy to use as Digital cameras.  You still need
> to send the film off to be developed and then you'd better have a good
> scanner if you want the resulting images to look any good.  I wouldn't
> even bother with that approach - whenever we get my girlfriend's
> pictures back (she's hopelessly wedded to the analog), we just get it
> on PhotoCD as well.

That's the ticket. For ease of use, a digital camera is unbeatable -
assuming it's supported. Take the camera home, transfer the pictures,
and you're done. For quality, using a film camera and getting it
scanned to Photo CD from the negative gets you excellent resolution,
and skips the step of going to paper first, and all the extra noise
that can entail.

	<mike