Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2012 09:36:59 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        Thomas Abthorpe <portmgr-secretary@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Change to the header in ports Makefiles

On 2012-09-01 08:42, Thomas Abthorpe wrote:
> An idea has been floating around for some time, and it was brought up again
> on the ports@ mailing list recently, please remove the extraneous header
> information from the Makefile, leaving only the $FreeBSD$ id on the first
> line.
>
> It is an idea that is long overdue, so from now on, the other fives lines
> shall be removed.
>
> We do request that this be done sparingly in the short term, as we do not
> want to cause any additional churn on the repo as we approach our upcoming
> Ports Feature Freeze, still tentatively scheduled for September 7.
>
> So please proceed only on existing updates. Please do not do any sweeping
> commits until we have the ports tree stablised post 9.1 tagging. Also bear
> in mind that Redports/QAT queues a job for every change done to a Makefile,
> we do not want to overburden the QAT at this time. It is important to allow
> this service to run at peek efficiency at this time to ensure it's full
> potential as we approach the upcoming Feature Freeze.
>
> The new look of the Makefile has been document in the Porter's Handbook,
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/quick-porting.html#PORTING-MAKEFILE.
>
> The next item on the todo list is to update devel/newfile for those that do
> a port create.

Hi Thomas,

I have a bigger change for www/apache22 (rewrite for options NG) and devel/apr1 (PR 165143) in the pipe.
Those changes address at last 5+ PR's and apache22 PORTREVISION will be bumped.

If possible I would have the changes in place before tagging 9.1 or should I wait until 9.1 is finished?

--
Regards,
olli