Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:50:56 -0700
From:      Cory Petkovsek <cory@adaptableit.com>
To:        Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CUPS

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 05:13:34PM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> I [16/Apr/2004:15:55:35 +0800] Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?
>
> I'm interested in the line that says: "Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript
> installed?" Well, I do have Ghostscript-gnu installed, which should be crucial
> (it has all gimp-print, which has all the printer drivers).

ESP Ghostscript is an easy-software patched version of ghostscript designed to
work with cups and gimp-print.  You need it.  I wrote a minihowto on how to get
an epson working with cups on solaris, which I'm using for my print server.
You might find it helpful at least to read through the "software relationship
to eachother" section.  I don't see an esp patched ghostscript in ports.

http://www.adaptableit.com/papers/gimp-print_solaris/index.html

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to Your