Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:44:10 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freezing problems with CAM and dpt

Hi, since doing several make worlds and kernels since CAM was in, I have
had two total sudden system freezes.  I was in X both the times, one was
right when exiting X, one was when using netscape for web/email/etc.  My
kernel was last built Tue Sep 15 23:17:12 EDT.  My system is ELF. I have
the following scsi-related items:

dpt0: <DPT Caching SCSI RAID Controller> rev 0x02 int a irq 12 on
pci0.17.0
dpt0: DPT PM2144UW FW Rev. 07LY, 1 channel, 64 CCBs
da0 at dpt0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <QUANTUM XP39100W LX80> Fixed Direct Access SCSI2 device
da0: Tagged Queueing Enabled
da0: 8682MB (17781008 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 1106C)
cd0 at dpt0 bus 0 target 3 lun 0
cd0: <PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-32TS 1.02> Removable CD-ROM SCSI2 device
cd0: cd present [328542 x 2048 byte records]

The second time I had "options         SCSI_CAM" in the kernel, the
first time I did not.  When the crashes happened, the dpt diagnostic
LED's reported that the adaptor was in an idle state, not 'stuck'.  I
didnt experience any total freezes like this before CAM.  It'd be nice
to help figure this one out if I can :) Is there any more information
that would be helpful?  Thanks to all for their hard work on FreeBSD.