Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:16:13 -0800
From:      "Taylor Dondich" <thexder@lvcm.com>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: qmail (Was: Maintaining Access Control Lists )

I've got to say this was one of the most entertaining peices of e-mail I've
read all day; furthermore, it was the most informative of them all.  I just
started using qmail as my mail delivery system of choice because sendmail
was EXTREMELY difficult to configure in the ways that I wanted.  I'm
beginning to start up a webhosting service with virtual domain hosting with
full e-mail services and qmail was frankly the only package out there with
the commitment and features that seemed close to my liking.  I was also
looking at the other tools out there that I could slap on top of qmail to
make it more functional (vpopmail, sqwebmail, etc).  However, I do see your
point of it's multitute of file processing tasks to handle just 1 peice of
e-mail by it going in or out, I was at first in the impression of it being
because of further redundancy in the system.  I don't see this being a
problem if you were processing a low amount of e-mail per day, however I
could see the implications of this if your users went hogwild and started
going crazy (disk activity would skyrocket).

These are my thoughts, however I could be wrong.  I'm still a fairly new
newbie in the realm of FreeBSD and hope to get even further knowledgable in
mailing, web, and dns services.

BTW, I'm new to the list.  Hi.

Taylor Dondich