Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:09:12 +0200
From:      Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "'junkmale@xtra.co.nz'" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SV: SV: I need documentations

Yes, sort of a recepiebook, that would be a great addition to the FreeBSD
documentation. I posted a message on what exactly I am trying to accomplish
in the net-mailing list, so if you need information, please take a look on
that posting.

Regards,

Thomas Uhrfelt

> On 14 Apr 99, at 13:02, Thomas Uhrfelt wrote:
>
> > Do you think its possible for you to merge some of your documents
together
> > and updating them a bit, what I am looking for is sort of a documnent
that
> > starts when FreeBSD is installed and one is about to..
>
> Sure it's possible.  But I'm not sure it's feasible.  See below.  Which
> documents did you feel needed updating?
>
> > a) get the network/routing to work ( not the actual kernelfiddling )
>
> What part of network routing?  What do you want the box to do?  I assume
> this will be a gateway.
>
> > b) get a computer to route between networks ( using IPNAT ).
>
> I take it this is the gateway you mentioned above?
>
> > What I really would like is an updated handbook, but since that might
be
> > quite far away, I am putting my gold in your basket.
>
> Well, all the information is at the website.  As you mention, it's in
more
> that one article.  Each article deals with a specific task.  I'm not sure
> that combining them into one article makes sense.
>
> However, what I think you are looking for is what someone else [sorry,
> can't remember the name] called a recipe book.  That's a set of
> instructions to create a specific type of machine (gateway, workstation,
> etc).  I figure you want a document which shows you which documents you
> need to achieve a particular objective.
>
> By itself, I think this is a good idea.  Quite useful  And not very
difficult to put together given that the