Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:42:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        bad@uhf.wireless.net (Bernie Doehner)
Cc:        dkulp@neomorphic.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Has anyone got the Linux RealPlayer 5.0 working?

> I have a OPTI931 card.. Audio sounds ok, however I sometimes get:
>
> Apr  5 23:45:13 shf /.kernel: irq reset failed, mc11 0x04, masked 0x04

this is a problem with the OPTI931 which i never figured out, it looks
like some bits remain set even if one tries to reset them... I am
pretty sure the IRQ handling logic in the OPTI is broken and does not
handle races properly (since at times the board also misses interrupts,
which was fatal when using single dma-mode), and this is just another
symptom.

	cheers
	luigi