Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:25:26 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst.dehaan@nl.wanadoo.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Bento errors for Java packages

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 11:18:48AM +0200, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> Greg, Kris, Alexey, Herve,
>=20
>=20
> In preparation for 4.9-RELEASE, I'm going through the Bento errors for Ja=
va=20
> ports at:
>=20
> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-failure.html
>=20
> The following Java ports failed:
>=20
> java/diablo-jdk13      Distfile not found
> java/diablo-jre13      Distfile not found
> java/j2sdkee13         (no log)
> java/jakarta-struts    (no log)
> java/jdk14             (no log)
> java/linux-sun-jdk13   Distfile not found
> java/linux-sun-jdk14   Distfile not found
>=20
> Greg, why can't Bento find the distfiles for the Diablo JDK/JRE ports?
>=20
> Then for the Sun JDK 1.3/1.4 for Linux ports: How can we avoid that Bento=
=20
> attempts to build these packages? They cannot be built, because the=20
> distfiles have to be fetched manually. Should we perhaps change:
>=20
> .if !exists(${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX}) && \
>                                         !defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)
> IGNORE=3D <message>
> .endif
>=20
> to:
>=20
> .if !exists(${DISTDIR}/${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX})
> IGNORE=3D <message>
> .endif
>=20
> ?

No, if you check the CVS history you'll see that this is deliberate.
You're correct that the distfiles may not be fetched automatically,
but if they're fetched manually then the package can be built (the
consequence of not doing this is that hundreds of other package builds
can not be attempted).  This is what I do on bento, except of course
it usually takes a while to track a distfile update.

Kris

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--