Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:48:50 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   The future of X?

Several places have commented on the subject already, it's currently on
/. as well. The relevant link:
http://freedesktop.org/~keithp/screenshots/

So, I'm wondering, what do you guys think about the dropshadow and
transparent windows thing Mr. Packard and friends are working on? Could
it help on the adoption of *ix on the desktop? I personally don't mind
some eye candy now and then, so, as long as it can be turned off, it
looks good in my book. I've read some comments saying that some people
get a better undestanding of the desktop if the windows cast a shadow.
On the negative side, I don't think having 3 forks is that good
(XFree86, Xouvert and this stuff). FWIW, the screenshots sure are pretty :)

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org