Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 14:11:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Zollo <jzollo@idt.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting freeze while loading kernel

	I sucessfully installed FreeBSD 2.2.7 off a dos partition using a
boot floppy -- so I know the kernel on the boot floppy works fine.   After
rebooting, the boot manager displays the "boot:" prompt, and I hit enter.
The kernel starts to load, and the first slash starts to twirl.  After
twirling for a few seconds it freezes -- and that's it.  It stops at the
first spinning slash.  I tried the debug and verbose options at the boot:
prompt, but it never gets to the point where they would be useful.  What
should I do?

thank you!
John