Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 03:00:04 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>, "the-beach" <sam2539@the-beach.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Isn't the freebsd.org mail server too paranoid?

hey, hey, Hey, HEY!!!  Look before you start throwing insults!
There's no call for this when checking out his statement is
so easy.  Lookie here:

$ /usr/sbin/nslookup
Default Server:  ipinc.ipinc.net
Address:  205.139.102.1

> mail.chartercom.com
Server:  ipinc.ipinc.net
Address:  205.139.102.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mail.chartercom.com
Address:  24.217.29.16

> 24.217.29.16
Server:  ipinc.ipinc.net
Address:  205.139.102.1

Name:    mail.chartercom.com
Address:  24.217.29.16

> exit
$

Seems to be have both forward and reverse lookup records
properly operating from here.  Maybe you better consider
the possibility that the ISP _is_ right, and "the-beach"
_is_ crazy.  Before throwing any more bottles can we get
some accountability here?  Like perhaps some more details
before flying off the handle?  Let's see some names and
IP numbers please!!!!