Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:29:14 +0200
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        Oliver Pinter <oliver.pntr@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd7 (and 8), radeon, xorg-server -> deadlock or so

Oliver Pinter wrote:
> After updated the xorg* and dri* and dependency, the system going to
> deadlock at second start of xserver. I think it is not an uniqe issue,
> as others wrote them at freebsd-x11:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2010-February/009370.html

I have a similar problem with ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 (r250) and
FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 i386 (dmesg is at [1]). The system hangs when I
run Xorg with xorg.conf obtained by `Xorg -configure' and do either of
these:

* pkill Xorg
* close xorg via ^C and start it again
* close xorg via ^C and kldunload radeon

I did not try using 'option "DRI" "OFF"' though, I will this evening.

Unfortunately I can't currently say if it works under different
conditions, since after a number of hangs I switched to VESA. But if
anyone is interested, I'll investigate further and will provide any
additional information -- just name it.

[1] http://tx97.net/~magv/dmesg-t40.80-p2.txt