Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 2016 01:32:57 +0100
From:      Kris <krisb@interia.eu>
To:        werner@thieprojects.ch, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the $9 C.H.I.P

Hi Werner,
Basically there is interest (I am waiting for x2 CHIP boards, they are
due in March, but I think they will be slightly delayed).
Before I get boards the only reasonable thing for me to do is to get as
much out of existing tree to see how it can be ported, but no actual work.

Please be careful - there is no such a thing like Cortex A13. A13 is
just a marketing name Allwinner gave to their product. And I believe
CHIP put Allwinner R8 on their board (normally in ARM nomenclature,
R=for deeply embedded devices, A=for applications, but again, it is
Allwinner so you can expect anything from their naming convention).
However R8 is indeed equipped with Cortex A8 core, for which I believe
some work has been done - see Allwinner A20 in repo - it has the same
core if my memory serves right (it is even pin compatible with single
core Allwinner A10 -> again Cortex A8 :)

Kris