Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:39:13 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'junkmale@xtra.co.nz'" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: what to search when the archives are offline?

I found out today, much to _my_ surprise that the mailing list is mirrored
on several Usenet news groups.  I don't know how back the archives go but
you could try searching on www.DejaNews.com through the news groups that
correspond to the FreeBSD mailing lists.  Or if your news server carries
these groups you could search those as well.

Of course I think that the archives are the best thing since they go back so
far.

I found these 2 newsgroups seem to be the most up to date:
  clinet.list.freebsd-hackers
  clinet.list.freebsd-questions

But this is also...
  mpc.lists.freebsd.chat