Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:02:35 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Various questions

I have some questions about gnome, and a meta-question.

Questions:

I'm using FreeBSD 4.4 and the gnome 1.4.1b2 port with a ports tree
sup'd as of 1/28/2002.

I restared GNOME for the first time in 30 days, and it came back up
very strange. It tried to start 10 more panels than I had originally,
panel applets come up with a strange looking "piece of chicken" icon,
and the panel looks different on each multiple desktop.  Some applets
appear to be working on one desktop and broken on the next. Starting
new applets in the menu panel fail to go into the menu panel but go
into another sliding panel instead?

What gives? How can I reset gnome's session to "just the default"?
Also, I hear gnome has a problem with multiple desktops, is this
true?

Meta-Question:

Is there a searchable mailing list archive for these kinds of
questions? I'd hate to be asking a FAQ (yes I've checked FAQs).
How come freebsd-gnome is not on the list of searchable mail
archives in the freebsd project?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Man no sooner discovers a new intelligence than he tries to
involve it in his own stupidity.  --- Jacques-Yves Cousteau