Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:14:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD based box wins prize at COMDEX!

> Of course we're thrilled at Whsitle, but I think the FreeBSD
> Community as a whole should take a little bow and pat itself on the
> back, for producing such a great base from which we could work!

Congratulations to you (and everybody else)!

>  Great work..
> keep it up. We're doing what we can to make sure it's not a one-way
> flow..

And you're doing a good job at it.

> (unlike some of our competitors I might add (you listenning iplanet,
> freegate, gnatbox?))

Contributing back is hard work, and it is (I expect) much easier to do
with your own personal FreeBSD developer.  Personally, I have a lot of
patches sitting around in our tree that I just haven't got around to
sending anywhere else yet :-(

> julian
>
> p.s We're a bit annoyed that NT even got mentionned in OUR award..
> grrrrr
> (seems that any IP based network is now called an 'NT network' in
> some circles.. (Microsoft invented IP didn't it? )

At least in Windows 95/NT, it is marked as a 'Microsoft' protocol.

Eivind.