Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:24:59 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   'pkg install' complains txz not found

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 11 p1 on my tertiary (amd64) system. On this box, 'pkg=
 search _xyz_' works normally, but 'pkg install _xyz_' always returns with =
the error :

pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/All/_xyz_<version>.t=
xz: Not Found

I tried chromium and en_GB-libreoffice for _xyz_. When pkg retrned the erro=
r for chromium, I built www/chromium from ports successfully (in about 12 h=
ours). I thought this was a one-off problem for chromium, but I now get the=
 error for en_GB-libreoffice too. So obviously there is problem with pkg on=
 this box. I already tried 'pkg update', which returns normally.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to fix pkg on this box ?

Thanks
Manish Jain