Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:49:55 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs locking (was: Re: OOO 2.0 compiles but doesn't work properly)

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:29:02 -0500 Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> wrote
about OOO 2.0 compiles but doesn't work properly:

RH> >  The home directory is coming from a nfs-server, so the user-setup
RH> >  should be identical. I already tried to delete .openoffice.org2,
RH> >  but that didn't help either. Any further hints?

RH> 	Yes - check the archives.  There was at least one other person
RH> reporting problems with OpenOffice+NFS.

Yes, I see... the problem seems so be that you have to run lockd and statd
to get ooo running on nfs. The machine where everything's working fine is
running 5.4 with statd and lockd. The machine with the problems is running
6.0 and didn't have statd and lockd activated.
However, activating them (and rebooting) didn't solve the problem here.
That's why I'm taking this over to -stable mailing list:

I've got a FreeBSD 6.0 NFS client here, which is connected to a FreeBSD
4.10-Server. Both sides are running statd and lockd, but processes
requesting locks (kdm in the first place after booting here) get stuck in
the state "lockd". The same setup works fine with a FreeBSD 5.4 client. Are
there any known problems concerning nfs and 6.0, or do I miss anything
else?

cu
  Gerrit