Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2014 10:45:23 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@siemens.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Replacing old PCI based BT878 card by PCIe or USB with composite video input

I am using an old

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xcfdfe000-0xcfdfefff irq 23 at device 2.0 on pci1

PCI card to watch composite video signals with mplayer. Now I am
looking for a replacement which is PCIe or USB. Additionally, it
_can_ have DVB-T or DVB-S(2) support but this is optional. I have
found a lot of USB stuff on

https://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat

but they are all either cams or tuners, no mention of composite
input through a RCA (Cinch) jack.

That's for FreeBSD-9 and I prefer stability and simple installation
over features. I am already using webcamd for other reasons but if
there was a PCIe solution I'd prefer that as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

        -Andre