Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:12:35 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: countdown to ELF kernel?

> Okay, I've been testing 3.0 for a while, and I have a question about ELF
> kernels and modules:
> 	will KLD modules work like LKM's still do for a.out? (i.e. they
> get autoloaded (the VFS ones))

No, we've abandoned all the convenience features that everybody didn't
really like anyway.  You need to connect a microphone to a
Soundblaster-compatible soundcard and issue VFS load instructions in
Esperanto.  You should only speak while the cursor is off (there isn't
enough CPU left over while the cursor is on to handle the translation).

Actually, I'm not sure if demand-loading VFS modules works yet; Peter is
busy being eaten alive by the ATO (the Australian eqivalent of the IRS)
and I have a sneaking suspicion that the old code may have been LKM
specific.  Tell us whether it works, hmm?