Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 18:16:07 +0200
From:      Olivier Cherrier <oc@karedas.cediti.be>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PHP and MySQL compatibility ?

    Hello,

On a 4.8 system, I want to install PHP and MySQL from
the ports. I would like to use MySQL version 4.x but
PHP requires version 3.x.
I obtained:

mysql-client-3.23.56 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-client-4.0.12_2 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-4.0.12_1 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
mod_php4-4.3.1      PHP4 module for Apache

PHP used MySQL libraries version 3 for compiling. Is it
possible to connect and use a MySQL version 4 server with
it ?
Do I need to modify the Makefile in order to rebuild with
libraries version 4 ?

Thanks.
Greetings.

--