Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:57:39 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Accelerated X - Feedback?

>> I have looked at Window-maker (0.60) but I just can not get it to work
>> above 8bit colours and at low res.  ;(

>Hmm... that is bizarre. That should be possible using XFree86. What
>server are you using? What is the file X linked to?

That was a little misleading... X has the problem! (therefore window-maker
does too)
Everything appears OK... until you try to configure 16bit colour... or high
resoloutions.
then everything goes wrong.......(black screen, and you're lucky if you can
change console sessions to shut the machine down.)

Anyway I have ordered Accelerated X! (based on a glimmer of hope ......) I
will let people know what I think of it.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Greg