Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 15:45:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      davidk@ee.ubc.ca (david kwan)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with 3com Etherlink II/16

I hope this message isn't too far off topic.  If it
is, my most sincere apologies.  (The reason I'm asking
here is that I seem to recall some questions regarding
3com controllers a few weeks ago on this mailing list).

Anyways, here's my problem:

I just got my hands on an old 3com Etherlink II/16 card.
I'm having difficulty getting FreeBSD (snap 950210) to
recognize it.  The problem stems from the fact that I'm
not sure how to set the IRQ on this adapter (the card
did not come with any drivers or documentation).

The card itself has jumpers for IObase and Boot Rom base
however no jumper for IRQ.  I assumed the card would have
some EEPROM that would be set via some driver software
run under DOS.  I ftp'd some driver software from 3com
(the 3c503x.exe SFX etherdisk) and have run the
diagnostic program that reports all is well.  However,
I can't seem to find a program to set the IRQ.  So,
my question to other users of this card: How do you
set the IRQ on this card.  Am I wrong in assuming this
card has EEPROM on board?  (ie, is the IRQ set by
program to set the IRQ? (other than the programs
supplied in 3c503x.exe)

Thanks!

--
David Kwan                             Email: davidk@ee.ubc.ca
Graduate Studies (M.A.Sc Program)      Electrical Engineering