Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:51:06 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prism 2.5 mini-pci issues

Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> probably said:
> Was WEP enabled? Were you associated with an access point at the time?

Yes, and yes. I was using the card, normal network traffic (ssh, http,
etc).

> I have never had a problem when I have actually had the interface in
> use...only when NOT using it. It is almost certainly caused by
> interference of some sort. For example, I never had this problem
> except in my office in Berkeley. In my main work location it never
> caused a problem.

I get it all the time at home when I try and use that card. Other
cards (I normally use a cisco MPI350 card) work fine. Both work fine
under XP in the same machine on the odd occasions I boot the laptop to
XP.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu