Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:27:51 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <lanehol@bellsouth.net>, <awells@journalstar.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: miniperl breaks buildworld

I'm not quite sure, but if you edit /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/Makefile and
hack out miniperl from the SUBDIR line as well as the "build-tools" section,
I'm sure that would do the trick.

However, note that the note in /usr/src/UPDATING only says that miniperl is
not installed, and is not used by the build procedure.  However, it seems
that it is still built during the process (presumably an oversight.)

I've cc'd this to -stable (since this is where this thread really belongs.)

Matt Emmerton

> I've had this exact problem.  I didn't resolve it until I
re-re-reinstalled

<freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>