Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:27:11 -0800
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: backgroud fsck is still locking up system (fwd)

    Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:19:13 -0800
    From: Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
    To: Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>
    Cc: Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>,
       Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG

    On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 05:52:38PM -0800, Kirk McKusick wrote:
    > Adding a two minute delay before starting background fsck
    > sounds like a very good idea to me. Please send me your
    > suggested change.

    Here it is.  As written it doesn't add the delay, but you can change
    etc/defaults/rc.conf to do that it desired.

    -- Brooks

I have added your suggested change to -current (6.0). I decided to
set the default startup delay to sixty seconds as that seems to be
enough time to let the initial system startup settle down. If this
change proves to be popular, it can be considered for MFC'ing to 5.0.

	Kirk McKusick