Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:12:40 -0700
From:      "Atom Powers" <atom.powers@gmail.com>
To:        "CTLD Design Ltd" <webmaster@ctld.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Information please

On 10/4/06, CTLD Design Ltd <webmaster@ctld.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just aquired a server with freebsd on it, the site I want to run on it needs to be able to show php within a html document, using a .htaccess file in the root directory of the site.
>
> I have tried many different ways within the htaccess file but it just keeps trying to download the file, have I wasted my money or is there a work around for this, changing the pages file extension is not an option, the site is currently on an ensim server and works fine for running php within html.

Your question is better addressed to the Apache list, this isn't a
problem with FreeBSD.

The files, their extensions, and how the server processes them have
nothing to do with the .htaccess file. You probably need to install
the PHP libraries and configure Apache (httpd.conf) to use them.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--