Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:41:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Doug Jolley <doug@footech.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, teresa@bryfi.com
Subject:   Re: What's Bill Gates done to us now?

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Doug Jolley wrote:

> I'm running a network consisting of a FreeBSD-based server and
> several Win95 workstations.  We use Samba to provide access to
> FreeBSD file space.  I have just added my first Win98 work station.

<flame_on>
I just added a Win98 WS on my net at home and only managed one session
to the internet through my FreeBSD box before 98 went south.

98 isn't even alpha in my book. Stick with 95. Let someone else
debug it.

If I could just get my hands on...
<flame_off>

Aside from being labor intensive, the "troubleshooter" (don't you just
_know_ you're going to have fun when you come across a utility with that
name) got the system running. Seems as though 98 is constantly doing
stuff to your configuration files.

John

ps. sorry for the invective.