Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 19:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Steven P. Donegan" <donegan@quick.net>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppage WinTV

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 05:07:46PM -0700, Steven P. Donegan wrote:
> > Just tried the new kernel with my card - before it incorrectly identified
> > the card as a PAL tuner. Now it reports the card as NONE tuner :-)
> >
> > To add insult to injury the car works just fine in Linux and Win95/NT
> > boxes. I'd really like to be able to use this in my FreeBSD toy :-)
> >
> > Thanks for any assist...

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message
>
> I applied the patch from Roger Hardiman, which got me my tuner back.
> In a snap version from april it seemed to work, then I went to a snap
> from 7-19 and no tuner was detected. Applied the patch and it works
> fine again now. Has even better quality then the Hauppauge WinShit
> software.
>

> --
> Regards, Ulf.

> Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
> Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073

Where might I find this patch? I'd really like to get this working both
for fun and to video conference.

The audio/video setup is the Huappage card, a video camera, the tuner
runs to my rooftop antenna, sound blaster etc. The video capture part
used to work but at present even that doesn't work.

Thanks!