Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:08:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Marco van Hylckama Vlieg <fatal@pc2-c804.uibk.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD include paths

Hello all,

I got a nagging question...
Very often when trying to compile packages I find myself editing
makefiles and having to add really obvious include paths like
/usr/local/include or /usr/X11R6/include in order to get the
package installed.
Now I wonder, why doesn't the system itself have these include paths
"enabled"  by default?
Is there a way to fix these ever occuring annoyances when compiling
programs?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

--
QP'      _%7?     WindowMaker, the choice of a GNUstep Generation.