Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:01:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sharing directories without rebooting

I want to share a directory with two other machines on the network.
(all FreeBSD 2.1.5R)

I've added the required line to the /etc/exports file, but would like to
simply export the new share without rebooting the system. Likewise the other
machines have the filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. (but if the directory is
shared, I know how to mount them from the command line)

What is the command line syntax to make a directory mountable by other
machines ?

TIA

-Kurt