Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2014 04:34:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PXE boot using Grub bootloader fails at mountroot; no PXE devs.

Thanks Rick for the insight.

I complied a fresh kernel with {options BOOTP, options BOOTP_NFSROOT} as you
suggested. The new kernel behaves differently but does not solve the
problem.

BTX's pxeboot still works normally, but when trying to use Grub the client
now reboots at the end of kernel loading Instead of dropping to
"mountroot>".

After many trials and reboots, I was barely able to glimpse a message like
"panic: bootpc-init ...." (the reboot is immediate, no keystroke prevents
it).

Looking through sys/nfs/bootp_subr.c did not give me much of a clue as to
the reason for this.

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS