Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:37:30 +0200
From:      Joel Dahl <joel@automatvapen.se>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, pgabriel@grex.cyberspace.org
Subject:   Re: docs/80611: Missing items in supported hardware list on your site for FreeSD 4.11 and 5.x

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 11:01 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> Aren't the hardware notes supposed to be generated from the man pages for most
> drivers now?  If ata's man page isn't being used to generate the hardware
> notes for ata(4) then perhaps the PR should be reopened with the goal of
> fixing that.

I've discussed this with simon and brueffer, and I have a patch that:

1.  Adds a standard HARDWARE section to the ata(4) manual page.
2.  Makes the hardware notes use the ata(4) manual page for automatic
generation.
3.  Adds a bunch of supported chipsets that's missing in the ata(4)
manual page.

I'm not going to commit it however.

--
Joel