Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:00:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14715: expect-5.31 port fails to build automatically

The following reply was made to PR ports/14715; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To: Grigoriy Strokin <grg@isabase.philol.msu.ru>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 10:44:17 -0600

 On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 04:31:56AM +0300, Grigoriy Strokin wrote:
 > When make is run in the directory /usr/ports/lang/expect, it exists immediately with exit code 0
 > and creates work/.build_done as if the port was build.
 > Then `make install' installs nothing but reports about errors.
 > What really happens is that configure script fails because it can't find
 > the tcl/tk directories.
 >
 > [snip]

 Grigoriy,

 It would appear that your ports tree is slightly out of date.

 I was responsible for the last update to the port, and rev 1.41 of
 the Makefile does indeed DTRT with respect to CONFIGURE_ARGS
 looking for tcl/tk 8.2 in the right place.

 Can you please check that you have cvsup'd the latest version of
 this port, cross-referencing against:

 	http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/expect/Makefile

 and try again.

 Thanks,