Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:58:19 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> writes:
> > You will get "no route to host" type messages.
>
> Yup.  That's just the way it is - I can't imagine what alternative the
> original poster thought they could have, steal an address?  Ignore your
> least? Get real.

Nope, just curious as to what would would happen.  I kinda realised
that if your IP address goes away, you're going to have problems
maintaining connections.  :-)  I just wondered whether we would
negotiate another one, for use by new processes... But then, you'd
still have to restart all daemons... A reboot would be quicker.

I'm not sure what NT does under those circumstances.
--
When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.